Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2023
Are you ready for the first day of school? It is coming up soon for Newberg-Dundee Public Schools. Here’s what you need to know:
- Athletics: Register for fall sports.
- Communications: Please take a moment to complete this survey on School District communications.
- Academic calendar: The academic calendar is available on the website.
- Bell schedules have changed:
- Elementary schools: Doors open at 7:30 a.m., school starts at 7:40 a.m., and school ends at 2:10 p.m.
- Middle schools: Doors open at 8:10 a.m., school starts at 8:25 a.m., and school ends at 3:20 p.m.
- Newberg High School: Doors open at 7:45 a.m., school starts at 8:15 a.m., and school ends at 3:10 p.m.
- Catalyst High School: Doors open at 8:00 a.m., school starts at 9:00 a.m., and school ends at 2:40 p.m.
- Starting Dates: The first day of school will be on:
- Tuesday, Sept. 5 for Grades K-5, Grades 6 and 9, and Catalyst students.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6: All students will attend on this day. It is the first day for Grades 7 and 8 and Grades 10 to 12.
- Kindergarten: Kindergarten registration forms will be accepted even after the first day of school. Follow the steps to enroll on our website. The enrollment form is available online for families who have not yet enrolled their child. Send the completed application to your school, along with the child’s proof of birth and immunization record. JumpStart will be on Aug. 22, 23, and 24. Sign up via the Google Form.
- New website! Our new website is scheduled to debut this August. Our URL will not change and will remain www.newberg.k12.or.us.
- Open Houses: Bond construction: Enjoy one or all three of the bond construction open houses:
- Catalyst at 2:00 p.m. Aug. 30: View the school’s new look.
- Edwards at 3:00 p.m. Aug. 31: New murals revealed and police ridealong raffle will take place.
- Newberg High School’s new Science and CTE Wing at 3:00 p.m. Sept. 1: Get a preview of the new labs, workshops, and classrooms.
- Open Houses: Middle schools: For details, contact the middle schools.
- Safety: Public safety officials will be visiting school buildings to keep them safe.
- All school supply lists are available in this set of online folders.
- For additional information, please contact your school:
- Crater Elementary: 503-554-4650
- Dundee Elementary: 503-554-4850
- Edwards Elementary: 503-554-5050
- Ewing Young Elementary: 503-554-4750
- Joan Austin Elementary: 503-554-4550
- Mabel Rush Elementary: 503-554-4450
- Chehalem Valley Middle School: 503-554-4600
- Mountain View Middle School: 503-554-4500
- NHS: 503-554-4400
- Catalyst: 503-554-4492
- Chehalem Online Academy: 503-554-4595
- District Office: 503-554-5000
Thank you. We are looking forward to another terrific year.
The NDPS Team