Delays and Closures
Hazardous weather or unexpected emergencies may require changes in school and bus schedules. For the latest information on Newberg Public School schedules:
We will post updates on the website.
Please be sure your school has your current email address and phone number as well as your student’s updated contact information. We will send an email, text message, and automated phone call for emergencies, and we will send an email and text for updates.
First View App
You can get your child's bus stop information through your school, and all of the routes are posted on the Transportation Department page. The First View mobile app allows you to monitor your child's progress on their route:
- Link: Sign up with this link.
- Code: To obtain the School District code to add student routes to your app, ask your school's front office staff:
- Crater Elementary: 503-554-4650
- Dundee Elementary: 503-554-4850
- Edwards Elementary: 503-554-5050
- Ewing Young Elementary: 503-554-4750
- Joan Austin Elementary: 503-554-4550
- Mabel Rush Elementary: 503-554-4450
- Chehalem Valley Middle School: 503-554-4600
- Mountain View Middle School: 503-554-4500
- NHS: 503-554-4400
- Catalyst: 503-554-4492
- Chehalem Online Academy: 503-554-4595
- Students and staff in each school will follow a plan developed with local law enforcement and emergency agencies.
- Parents should review the School District website.
- Parents will receive a direct text, email, and automated phone call.
- If students and staff must be evacuated from school, parents will be instructed where to pick up their children.
School Closure Procedures
Severe weather, power outages, or other conditions may require schools to start late, cancel classes, or close early. The goal is to make a decision to cancel classes or delay the start of school by 5:30 a.m., but that time may vary.
Schools will close unless the majority of the students in the district can travel safely. Weather in the mountains may be hazardous, while roads in town are safe for travel.
The School District will inform parents if there will be a closure or delay.