Construction Bond Information
Because voters passed a $141 million Construction Bond in November 2020, Newberg-Dundee Public Schools has been able to:
- Build a new elementary school in Dundee (estimated time of completion is the fall of 2024),
- Remodel and expand Edwards Elementary School (done),
- Construct the new Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Science Building at Newberg High School (done),
- Expand Catalyst High School (estimated time of completion is the fall of 2023),
- Provide improvements involving security, safety, and accessibility at all schools. For example, all schools will have a secure vestibule at the front entrance to improve security. In addition, Mabel Rush Elementary and Mountain View Middle schools will receive earthquake safety upgrades. All safety improvements should be done by the fall of 2024.
- Offer the Support and Advocacy for Independence in Life (SAIL) a new home at E. Sixth St. and S. Meridian St., which is just a block from the Newberg District Office. Formerly located at Newberg High School, construction on this project will be completed by this fall of 2023.
Throughout the fall of 2019 and the spring of 2020, the district gathered a variety of community stakeholders in a Bond Development Committee. This work was facilitated by BRIC Architecture and led to the Newberg School Board placing the bond on the November 2020 ballot. The final project list was carefully developed after previous work on a Long Range Facilities plan, created throughout the spring and summer of 2018. Mahlum Architects facilitated those meetings, which resulted in a final draft of a Long Range Facilities Plan. On June 4, 2019, the committee had the chance to give feedback on the plan to the district.
Below are the presentations and all the minutes from those meetings. The final reports are at the top. The state facility condition assessment forms are also listed.